The Radio Makers - a hard hitting alternative glam, pop quartet, who with the classic bass, drums, guitar line-up, deliver a catchy brand of 'in your face' power-pop which combines edgy guitars, funky bass-lines, driving drums and anthemic sing-along choruses to deliver a sound that has been likened to The Cure meets Bowie's Ziggy Stardust with early Tubeway Army and Franz Ferdinand thrown in.
We have been received rave reviews for our pulsating live show across the south west of England over the last year. The highlight was supporting the legendary Blockheads to a sell out crowd at the Fleece in Bristol.
We are currently working on new material and will be going in to the recording studio early 2018.
The Radio Makers bring our unique brand of alternaive power-pop to:
- West Fest, Weston Bath (bands from 2pm - our set time TBC) - Saturday 30th June 2018 (PM)
- Soundcheck 'live' Radio Session - Visual Radio Arts - Saturday 30th June 2018 (EVE)
- The Belvoir Castle, Bath - Friday 27th July 2018
- South Gloucestershire Show - Saturday 4th August 2018
- 3 Horseshoes, Bradford-on-Avon - Friday 5th October 2018.
Previously we have played the following dates:
- 16th May 2018 (supporting ‘Spear of Destiny’) - The Fleece, Bristol
- 7th February 2018 - Thunderbolt, Bristol
- 10th November 2017 (supporting ‘The Blockheads’) - The Fleece, Bristol
- 2nd August 2017 - The Fleece, Bristol
- 7th July 2017 - Killing Moon @ St. James Wine Vaults, Bath
- 23rd May 2017 - The Louisiana, Bristol
- 6th May 2017 - Best of British @ St. James Wine Vaults, Bath
- 26th April 2017 (supporting ‘Crushed Out’) - The Thunderbolt, Bristol
- 19th March 2017 - Zero Degrees, Bristol
- 3rd March 2017 - 3 Horseshoes, Bradford-on-Avon
- 14th January 2017 (David Bowie 70th Birthday Benefit with FAB 208) - The Hatchet, Bristol
- 24th September 2016 - Frome FM Soundcheck
- 1st September 2016 - Thunderbolt, Bristol
- 26th March 2016 - Wunderbar, Midsomer Norton.
Buy Our CDs
Both our debut EP 'Tune In' and the live 'Thunderbolt' EPs are now available to purchase on CD:
"a massive #PostPunk sound and totally #Indie - very cool."
"saw these guys last week and they were great! Punky, rocky, fresh and interesting! Lead singer reminds me a lot of Richard Butler of Psychedelic Furs fame."
"you guys sound really sharp."
"more punky and edgy than I expected."
Fleece and Firkin, Bristol - 9th July 2017.
St. James Wine Vaults Bath - 6th May 2017.
David Bowie 70th Birthday Benefit for Cancer Research - The Hatchet Bristol - 14th January 2017.
Frome FM Souncheck show - 24th September 2016.